Monday 14 March 2011

Winter is over in the craft room!

I have had enough of snow! I struggled with it in my winter scene, which is part of a challenge I am sharing with my little sister. I am not 100% happy with the result but need to move into spring!

005
I have tried to let it flow on from the Autumn scene, but couldn't get Hugh Grant in! (See the Autumn post - shades of Nottting Hill!)
I used paperbag studio stamps, Tim Holtz tree die, a post box I have forgotten where from (I shall have to be more vigilant remembering now I blog, sorry), distress inks and loads of white acrylic. I made it snow with an old toothbrush, even the cats are covered now! The school railing were coffee stirrers and the entrance to the school was a paperartsy stamp.
I grew up in London and moved to Wiltshire when I was 12. My first school was at the end of a road of terraced houses and was a big Victorian building behind railings, and the trees seemed to me to grow out of the pavement! Magic.
003
Here it is next to the Autumn one. I hope to get them all mounted together when I have finished.
I hope I have managed to convey the glow through the windows as the afternoon starts to close.

1 comment:

  1. Just looking at your winter picture makes me shiver, I love the way you've got a sidewind banking up the snow on the post box. They look wonderful together!
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete