Tuesday 8 November 2011

Sunday Stampers 179 - The First Noel.

As I have been trying to get some of my Christmas cards made I thought I would enter one for the Sunday Stampers challenge. Then I thought in the spirit of bargain hunting, why not enter 2 get one free?

christmas 1 002


christmas 1 004="464" />


christmas 1 006

I usually buy a new set of stamps each Christmas but this year my pocket money has gone on two of Tim's new seasonal dies and the Spellbinders Poinsettia die, so I got out my much loved set of clarity stamps and used them in a different way this year. As you can see the two cards and tag have been given the same treatment. I used recycled brown card for the base, then I stamped a poinsettia in brushed corduroy distress  on the background. The base for the stamp was die cut from a very old sizzix die that I have had for years which was distressed with various brown DI's and then stamped with the Autumn gathered twigs DI. (As you can see DI's are my main stay!) I coloured away with my copic markers and used bleach for the white areas. Then for the first card I vagabonded (such English) my new holly die, coloured and then overstamped with a music sheet. The second card and the tag have a red poinsettia which was treated to aged mahogany distress stickles and a little gold dimensional paint in the centre. They feel very aged which I love, and very dimensional, which poses a problem! I realise that they may be hard to post, so I will have to make these for hand outs! I have completed  6 sets, so I must now get my thinking cap on for another set of cards. I am unable to concentrate on more than 6 at a time, then I want to do something different. Back to the drawing board! Have a good week everyone.

6 comments:

  1. oooh GORGEOUS... mind you, I would say that cos I love love love those colours and that cute ickle stamp too! Love the layering hun! Thanks for joining in witht eh Sunday Stamper... sorry I missed your entry last week... goodness knows what happened because I missed a few... will go and look for it now and hope you forgive me! Love Hels x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these are so beautiful and such gorgeous work on them.You inspire me Barbara,
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Christmas cards and tag, love the images and text and the poinsettia is gorgeous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the traditional style of your tags and that sizzix die just adds to the look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Barb, I must have a set of these gorgous tags they are quite delicious! Clever you, as usual you capture the essence perfectly. Have a good weekend, Haizi D xxxx

    ReplyDelete