Monday 14 May 2012

Sunday Stamper: Crowns and Queens.

This weeks challenge is a good excuse to start using my collection of Union Jack paper!

Sunday stamper, Killer Queen
I thought I would use royal purple for the background of this weeks challenge so did wrinkle free distress with Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord. The Union Jack is from the Portobello Road paper stack and then I used a tattered banner edged with Seedless Preserves and stamped with the sentiment from the Artistic Outpost London set in the middle.  I thought Karin from Stampotique would make a most marvelous Killer Queen? I dressed her in blue with matching shoes as the Queen always has lovely matching shoes. Then came the pearls, the crown and of course the handbag! Karin has a hankie and a spare pair of tights in hers. Someone has just given her a bunch of flowers and her lady-in-waiting has  disappeared so she has to hold them. The 'S at the botttom is for the end of my name on my banner set and I thought I would finish off the regal look with a gold tassel. Thanks Hels, love this weeks theme, I will off now to look at everyone's interpretations! xx

5 comments:

  1. ooh Karin is looking very regal in her crown and pearls. I once saw the Queen up close, she is really tiny and ever so beautiful, she had matching shoes on too! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... that banner must be nearly done now.... can't wait to see it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin is sooo cute Barb and she even has the handbag, a truly inspired creation, just love it. The sentiment is fab too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too too delish! :)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pennant - love the queen!!

    ReplyDelete