Sunday 3 June 2012

Sunday Stamper 208. Her Majesty.

I have just enjoyed the Thames Pageant, what a display. I loved the war horse and the royal barge looked amazing. Those poor drowned singers at the end. A true piece of British grit! Thought I would end the day by posting my next piece of banner to commemorate the day.
sunday stamper Majesty
Like Hels I had purchased some of the Papermania papers and so I covered the base of the banner with the blue crown one and distressed the edges with Faded Jeans Distress  ink. Then I edged around the triangle with pieces of Union Jack streamer and then added the little bows to each corner. I had a Papermania set of toppers from ages ago and so I subtituted a photo of the Queen at the start of her reign in the middle. I found the crown shape in my stash, it was black flock edging and had a sticky back and so I drowned it in gold glitter and added bling pieces at the top. I die cut a tattered banner and stamped Diamond Jubilee in festive berry D.I. then edged with more of the faded jeans. I then stamped out a red rose from more of the paper pack and made a 3D rose, then added glossy accent drops to commemorate the days' rain! The little flags were cake toppers that I saved. If you look closely you can just make out the red white and blue 'r' at the bottom, I didn't want to upstage her Majesty now did I?
I have dressed the front of my house for the weekend and even planted my hanging baskets and window box with red, white and blue. Thought you might enjoy a peek?
Banners up!
Two more days to enjoy and sun to come - happy  jubilee to you all! xx

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous patriotic banner, love it and the flower is stunning. Love your baskets, lovely idea and they look wonderful and will keep the patriotic theme going all summer. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw so patriotic, I just think it is wonderful that we are all really celebrating the Jubilee... tis good to see us as one as a nation, IYKWIM. LOVE your banner, tis fabby! Hope you have a good week hun xx Oh and... thanks for joining in lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my favourite of your banners so far, love it and I think your hanging baskets and bunting look fabby on your house too. A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fantastic pennant - really patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fanastic addition to your banner to your craft room, very royal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like this a lot mum! lovely.x

    ReplyDelete