Tuesday 12 June 2012

Tims Tags of 2012: June

I love Tim's tag for June. I found an old black and white photograph of my mum when she was 4 with her big sister Barbara who I was named after. I only got to meet her in the latter part of her life as she met an American soldier during the war and became a G I bride and settled in California. Some of Tim's stash I had, some I had to improvise, like the tab on the side which I had in card so I brushed pewter distress paint over and then rubbed with black acrylic, I added the little Union Jack button as  the photograph was taken in England. The star shaped shell at the top was a find and went with the photo.
Tims tags of 2012. June.
Tim's eye for detail is amazing. I try not to look at his tag too much when I am making mine, just note down what he uses and how. When I had finished I saw that he had lined up his stamp on the base so that it read 'Photograph', see I never thought of that, he is so clever! However I had stuck mine down so here it is warts and all. Thanks tim, another great one! 

6 comments:

  1. Ah, lovely Mummy! I like this... 'warts and all' ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Barbara, I love the image and your layout and you have embellished beautifully. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Barb...Beautiful pic...and love all the embellies you have used :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag with great details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing tag - love your take on this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb Great Tag, Great Photo and Great memories. This was a fun tag to do

    ReplyDelete