Monday 30 July 2012

Sunday Stampers:216 Fields of Gold.

I have found my banner pieces! At last I can get back to it. The rate I was going it wasn't going to get finished by Christmas! I am up to the A in Craftroom, so here is my effort:
006
I'm afraid that it hasn't seemed to photograph well, and looks much better in real life. I used Dylusion inks in orange, yellow and pink over the blank banner and then stamped the scroll corners from Studio 490 stamps in the corners in acrylic Gold, and lush they look but seemed to have faded in this photo. Then I used a flower stamp from the same set and used coffee archival ink and gold dabber again and then glued them slightly asquiff. A die cut rosette in the centre and then I cut out a circle of honeycombe paper so it is very dimensional, then I added two lots of Regal Crest die cut leaves out of gold card. Used  a gold A at the bottom with a tassel to match and I had stamped the sentiment from the same 490 set, but it didn't show up enough so I went over it in Gold pen.  Distressed the edges with Walnut Stain and there we are.
Still no sign of the baby, my dear Jenni Wren is being marvelous, so patient. At least she has the last little bit of time of having the baby all to herself! I am on pins I am so excited! Have a good week one and all. xx 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Barbara, love the colours in the background and your flower is beautiful. Love the corners and your touches of gold. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara, your banner is beautiful, love the rich colours, the flower and that 'handmade is best' is a lovely touch as a banner for your craft room. A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful pennant, the colors are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this is GORGEOUS Barb... LOVE IT!!! I am soooo excited for you, am doing a little jig and hoping that Rocket Booster is here... very soon! Lotsa love and thanks for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning - great combination of colours. Can't wait to see them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee what a gorgeous banner I like the swirls in the corners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colouring Barb! ...and I agree Handmade is Best!!...can't wait to see your all your wonderful banners hanging together x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this vibrant banner & don't worry, it looks stunning. That special flower in the middle looks amazing. Sx

    ReplyDelete