Tuesday 25 September 2012

A plethora of clocks!

+Today over on Tag Tuesday the theme for the week is Clocks. I have been admiring the work of Anna Dabrowski who has a wonderful blog here and so I thought I would have a go at making an overloaded tag for the challenge.
001
I used Tim Holtz' enamelling technique for the base of the tag and then promptly covered it up with pieces of corrugated card, die cut clock pieces, doilies, and all my clock stamps. I used die cut cogs and minaturised some from shrink plastic. Then I hinged another piece for the bottom, gave it the same treatment and topped it with an idea-ology clock face. The  metal charm and word tab on the top went perfectly.
004
 

 
005
The scary bit came when I sprayed it with Dylusion brown ink and some made-up spray using various toned distress inks. Anna uses black ink on her pieces sometimes to great effect but I chickened out! I have a long way to go and a lot to practice but I did enjoy making this piece. Perhaps the next one I shall be able to use up someof my 'treasures' I have been keeping for a rainy day! What do you mean it's raining, surely not, this is England! Cheers peeps, keep warm and dry. Hugs x
 

2 comments:

  1. Very unique, love the idea. Good job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic tag with great details. Wonderful fall feeling.

    ReplyDelete