Saturday 9 February 2013

Tim's tag for February

I have had a lovely time making Tim's tag today and then on a roll I made another one using techniques he has shown us before! I know, two at once, I'm determined to make more time to craft! If you are one of the two people left on the planet who have not looked at Tim's blog pop over here to see his original and to enjoy all the participants entries.When I saw his Valentine Blue Print stamps they were a had to have and I'm glad that he used them on this months tag.
 
001  
I had some of the materials he used and some I improvised on. I used a heart embossing folder and a little heart punch that I used on the Kraft core paper and a jewellery finding instead of the memo pin. The hand is a Dylusion stamp and I hand drew the vial label. I used some paper tape that had the words Love and Laugh on and some white paper twine that I distressed. Then I used one of the other stamps in the set to make this.
 
006
I used Picked Raspberry and Festive Berry and Picket Fence Distress stain on my craft mat for the background of the tag and frayed and then edged it with Black Soot. I then embossed a dark red Kraft core paper as on the tag before and stamped the heart in black archival. Remembering Tim's Valentine tag last February I used the honeycombe paper  for the large heart and then tied a word band on with some red twine. In Tim's December 2012 tag he cut out from mirror board, letters using Word Play, so as I found some ribbed pink foil card I did the same here and finished off the tag with a string of red beads that I think look quite heart shaped that were part of an old bracelet. I topped the tag with pink stained tissue tape - I love that technique, thanks Tim!
My next challenge is to try and jazz up my blog, but I'm having trouble with getting Mr Blogger to play! Watch this space - happy crafting one and all.

7 comments:

  1. OOH Barbara, I love both your tags...your first one is a fab version of Tim's and love the colours and the honeycomb heart on your second one. I'm still working on mine, reckon it will be next week til I post, Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on Tim's tag Barbara and great improvisation. I didn't do the February one from last year but your second one looks amazing with the honeycomb paper heart. love it too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cool tags, Barbara. I especially love the drawing you did of your hand - Very Clever! Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that honeycomb paper is fab Barbara.

    LOve your take on Tim's tag.

    HUgs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful tags, love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fab tags Barbara, I love how you have hand drawn the hand, and the Pickled Raspberry looks wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful tags Barb...loving that honeycomb heart!! x

    ReplyDelete