Monday 18 March 2013

Sunday Stampers: Brown Eyed Girl.

Couldn't wait to make something for Hels challenge this week as I love my browns and I have just brought the brown and oranges set in Tim's  distress paints. This sort of  evolved as I made it, no set plan in mind. (Can you tell?)
 
004
I used a mixture of distress paints on my craft mat, added water and swooshed the tag through. I love the way the paints drip and mottle, very different from the stains and inks and yet the properties are the same. I frayed and inked the edge of the tag with Walnut Stain ink.
Then I painted Walnut Stain paint over some punched edged card, using my Martha Stewart punch. I added some lacy jute, (at least that's what I think it is!) a piece of frayed hessian and then a stamped tweezle image that I chopped up and stained with Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge ink. The little note tag is mounted onto a sticky fixer and I used Tims chit chat stickers to make up the sentiment. The butterflies were stamped in brown archival ink and then stamped again onto card, coloured and 3D mounted so that their wings fluttered. I added string to the top of the card and then took a pressed Viola that was in my garden last year and carefully adhered it to the tweezle image.
Brown enough I hope! Sshhh, the sun is out,  yahoo, Spring is coming! Have a good week. x

5 comments:

  1. Love your fabulous background (and the little bee) and the gorgeous butterflies. It is hard to believe that Spring officially arrives this week...... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, love all the elements, Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag - the colours are great and I love all the detail with the bee and butterflies etc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous tag Barbara, love the layers and all those ickle details... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love shades of brown...fabby tag Barb! x

    ReplyDelete