Thursday 4 April 2013

Sunday Stampers: Mother Nature's Son.

This will be my last post for a week as I am going away with No 1 daughter for a week of Mother/Daughter time, leaving dearest hubby in charge of the cats and the remote control! Hels challenge this week is anything connected to Nature and so I have altered a postcard size tag, strange how just a little different size can feel enormous!

004
 
005
 
006
I used Tims' new distress paints for the background. I can't wait to get my hands on those new metallic ones so that I can make his April tag, can't find them yet,my favourite shops must be waiting shipping! Then I stamped his butterfly blueprint and Dragonfly and then stamped again onto stamping card and painted with luminark paints and then covered the coloured image with starlight embossing powder for that bit of glitter and shine. Then I stamped the wings onto clearly for art and attached with my mini attacher and curved the wings after heating. The little Bee comes from Stampotique and is a Jo Capper Sandon design, but I omited the clearly for art wings from this one.  I double layered the sentiment onto a piece of  7 Dots studio lace card and used some Batik silk remnant for the ribbon. A metal corner at the edge of the tag and there we are. Obviously some inspiration from Tims' April Tag without copying. Hope you all have an enjoyable week, I shall be full of my news when I come back...it's a first for me where we are going! x

10 comments:

  1. I just love the stamps you used on your gorgeous tag and your background created with the new paints is wonderful. Hope you have a lovely time with your Daughter. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb, this is absolutely gorgeous! The colours and stamps are beautiful..enjoy your week with your daughter, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous butterflies Barb! I love the colours too.
    Jane x
    www.texturetrail/blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh stunning tah Barbara, love it lots... hope you two have a wonderful time... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The colours are fantastic and the overlay makes them look 'real'. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb this is lovely! Your colours really work! I'm impressed - you are sometimes? in charge of the remote! Have a wonderful break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning botanical tag, Barbara. The colors are marvelous and the shimmery finish under the acetate really makes the insects pop. I like the inchies in your last post too. I've never made any, so I'm intrigued. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow...gorgeous the colours and butterflies are stunning!!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a gorgeous tag, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete