Wednesday 26 June 2013

Sunday Stampers: Every Day I Write The Book.

Hi to every dear person who reads my blog, hope you are all enjoying the sun. It's that time  of year when young folk go off travelling, families pack up for the holidays and festivals abound. (I hope Glastonbury stays dry, I can still remember when No 2 went off to it the year of THE mud!) As Hels challenge this week is the written word I thought I would make a small canvas with lots of words as a double meaning because it is through travel and experience that we write the book of our life? I hope you agree any way!

007
I gesso'd a small canvas, then used distress stain and paint for the background. The legs stamp is by Paper Bag Studio's, the small script on the side is a clear Tim Holtz stamp and I used his rub on words and ticket and metal word strip. the FLY stamp is by crescendoH and I found a small collage picture in my stash, then I hung it by a piece of knotted string. I wonder where you are all going this year? I am off later on in the year to Scotland to visit Iona which has been a dream for so long! Can't wait, we are going up on the sleeper train, what fun! But before that I am seeing Robbie Williams on Sunday at Wembley, not bad for 63 aye? I shall rock along with the young-uns! Have an adventurous week one and all, thanks for looking. x

9 comments:

  1. A fabulous collage, great details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara, I totally agree with you & this is a really gorgeous collage..enjoy the Robbie gig! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! This piece gives me the feeling of a wall rich in graffiti from years gone by. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous hanging Barb, loving those layers... hope all is goodly with you ... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful wordy collage Barb....makes me want to go on a travelling adventure! ;) Enjoy Rockin' with Robbie this weekend!!...and have a fun train trip too... Hugs! Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb your canvas certainly does have lots of meaning to it and I could not agree more with you - travel is so enriching! Have fun at the concert too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will be enjoying Robbie as I write this!! Lucky you. Love your hanging, that legs stamp is amazing and I love the colours you have used.

    An infusion is a drug administered in hospital by drip, have to have it twice a year for my RA. Hope you are well. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great canvas Barb. Hope you had the best time with Robbie. And btw, you are as young as you feel, and you are clearly so young at heart. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous canvas Barb, absolutely love the Paper Bag Studio stamp. Love your design and your use of imagery and wording. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete