Monday 15 July 2013

Sunday Stamper: Build me up Buttercup.

I have my dearest friend Sally coming to stay and so braved the sauna/craftroom to try and tidy it up a bit before she comes. Unfortunately my new Eiffel Tower die cutter yelled at me and as I am going to visit France this year I felt beholden to try it out! So sorry dear friend, the room is still in a pickle!

003
Firstly I swished a tag through Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain and Bronze distress stains and then overstamped Tim's French Postage stamp in coffee archival. Following this I ran the tag through the French embossing plate and used Brushed Corduroy distress ink over the top and round the edges.  Next stage was to die cut two Eiffel Towers and a Fleur de Lis and lay them on the embossing plate and send them through the vagabond. After this I coloured the Eiffels with Bronze stain and Walnut stain ink and layered them up over the impressed images. The Fleur was painted with bright yellow acrylic fluid paint and then high-lighted with Viva gold paste.
 
002 
The Obelisk and Metro and flag came from a Personal Impressions stamp set and were coloured with distress markers. The Tour de Eiffee came off an old post card.
I have had my lunch and must brave the H word before I start work again later. I will try very hard not to get way-layed, but I'm making no promises. I blame the heat, it's doing things to my 'best intentions'! Keep cool one and all. x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Barb, I love all the elements and layers! Vive la France! :) Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain hun, I hate the heat in the Room of Stash muchly too... far too hot to get the housework done too lol *any excuse right?* Love your creation, lots of lovely layers... hope you have a lovely time with your friend... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag Barb...love the colouring :)...I know what you mean about the sauna...my craft room is in the conservatory, like a oven in there today!!... so I have been crafting in the kitchen and garden ;)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barb, your tag is a real stunner, love the embossed and stamped background. Also love the French flag and the way it just 'pops' with gorgeous colour. I am big fan of french makes and this one really hits the spot. Love it! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete