Monday 20 January 2014

Tim's tag of January 2014.

Great to be starting another year of Tim's tag and this one has some great techniques as usual. I am a bit low on the supplies for this month and so I did the best I could with substitutes.
 

004
I had the right stencil and inks for the background of the tag but no pocket watch die and so I hand cut one from grungeboard using tape rings as a stencil. Then I painted the 'watch' with Brushed Pewter and Black Soot DP. The inside circle I cut from mirror board and embossed it with a similar folder and painted as per Tim's instructions. Then I hunted round and discovered I had no metal gears left so I die cut some black shrink plastic cogs and gears and covered with Brushed Pewter DP after they had been suitably shrunk.
 
003
The close up shows the hand painting up for what it is but never mind. Then I had another sentiment that I wanted to use and chose some chit chat stickers. I don't have any custom charms so I used an enamel one instead and it was fiddly to get the rub-ons on this too. I used a wooden kebab stick and much naughty language!
I guess if this year goes as fast as the last one it will be December before we know it. I will practice mindfullness and stay in the moment. Hope you are all having a good week, thanks for looking. x

8 comments:

  1. Love your take on Tim's tag! Fabulous, Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not kidding about how difficult it is to get those rub-ons to look good on a tiny space - it took me ages with a toothpick! But it was fun. I love your take on Tim's tag and your improvisations have worked so well and I particularly love the wonderful background you created. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful take on Tim's tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the ingenuity of yours in making the elements work for Tim's tag, the pocket watch is brilliant. Congrats on your great take.
    Have a good week.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I wouldn't have known that you cut out your own pocket watch, if you hadn't mentioned it. The gears you made from shrink plastic are amazing too. Thank you for the inspiration. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag, love your special take and how you made it all! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great improvisation Barbara. Love the cogs in the centre of the fob watch. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic take on Tims tag Barb....and I'm so impressed with the hand cut pocket watch...you did a fabby job! x

    ReplyDelete