Monday 3 February 2014

Reasons for my absence!

I know I haven't been around for a week but I have been playing with my Christmas present! Dear Hubby brought me a Brother Innovis d 950 embroidery/sewing machine. I got my head around the sewing machine but was slightly nervous about the embroidery part. I attended a wonderful workshop with a lovely lady called Sue Hazell, you can find her here, and she made it all so simple. It was a lovely day with great company and she even took me to a local sewing shop so that I could buy some embroidery threads. So every minute I have had I have been playing! here are a few of my practice pieces.
 

009
One of my first, not centered properly but fun to watch words being sewn!
 
008
Thread broke on the center flower, not quite got the hang of back-tracking!
 
 
006
Isn't this lovely? These machines are so clever.
005
 
This one I had to make into a heart.
 
Talking of hearts, I am trying to make a Wiltshire one for a dear blog friend, Carolyn Saxby, who makes beautiful ones of her home in St Ives. This is a work in progress, it needs sheep on it and some hand embroidery. I made the base on my embellishing machine. Lots of room for improvement methinks!
 
012
 
I am trying to give the impression of the patchwork fields and hedges. I live quite close to Avebury and have plans to try and do one with the Stones on it.
I have also been in the craft room playing with inks today so will post for the Sunday Stamper shortly. Hope you are all enjoying yourselves, thanks for looking. x

5 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks like you're going to have a lot of fun with your new toy. My favorites are your fluffy kitty and that sweet pillow. I also LOVE the landscaped heart that you're making for Carolyn. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Barb, I think you have stunned me into silence...... Your work on your new machine is absolutely fantastic! How clever are you with that machine! I love Carolyn's work and I think she will be so thrilled with your beautiful scene - a sheep would be a lovely addition (I love sheep) and the cat and pansies are gorgeous. Wow! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Massive WOW from me the hearts are brilliant. You've soon mastered your machine Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wow! Wow! Barb, what amazing work...no wonder you haven't been able to stop playing! I recently had my machine repaired after 2 years sitting rather sad on the shelf & every time I enter my craft room it draws me in now! love all your makes, but the car won my heart, hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete