Saturday 24 May 2014

Tims tag for May.

Before I start waxing lyrical about Tims' tag for this month I have to say a big thank you to him for the Tonic shears! Loving my Tim scissors so much I have just invested in a new pair of his bigger shears and they are awesome, cut lovely long pieces straight and are really comfortable to use. A very good investment I think.
This months tag is beautiful, find Tims here where he has used some lovely treasures on his and invites us to do the same. I have had a small collection of RSPB metal pins for ages - even years, and so decided to use them on my tag.
 
006
I used different blue DS on the base of my tag against which my  birds can fly off into the summer sky! I love the wildflower paper stash it is my favourite so far, so used the Shadowpress 'beautiful to start me off. Then I cut the back off my little bird pins with my new scissors - so easy to cut so many different materials with them, and used appropriate bird theme pieces of the paper to cover.
 
005 
I also had some beautiful spottted bird feathers that I used, I knew they would be useful one day!
Then I found some metal letters that I put on the metal frame with another feather.
 
003
Here are the other birds.
 
004
I finished it off with some black and white spotted ribbon to match the feathers. I am glad my little metal pins found such a good home! I'm off now to play with my new scissors to cut out some more tiles to put some other treasures on I have unearthed! Have a lovely bank holiday everyone. The sun has just come out again!  X

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the scissors, got mine today and love them too. I also love your tag and the way you have used your precious bird pins, they match the papers so well and your 'beautiful' looks ........well, beautiful! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! The colors are glorious; the sweet little birds add so much charm; and the feathers were the perfect finishing touch. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb, I love your amazing tag...fab coiours & those beautiful bird pins are a great touch, hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is gorgeous Barb...love your birdy pins...they compliment your papers beautifully...fabulous tag!! Jan x

    ReplyDelete