Thursday 31 July 2014

Tims' tag for July.

I haven't left the country honest! I am trying to re-fit my craft room which has meant taking everything out and stacking it in the spare room, not quite there yet I had more than I realised! I have kept one box of essentials which has meant that I cannot papercraft for a while but I wanted to try and keep up with Tims' tags, here is the link for his July one. Not quite everything I needed to hand but I did my best!

002
I have put my seahorse under the sea, I didn't mean to but couldn't put my computer in front of me while I worked and so got things slightly different from Tims' tag. Also I can't find the box with all of my distress bits in and the sand is a darker yellow, but I followed the recipe and love the technique! I didn't have the movers and shapers to get the size of the sand dollar right so I used a mother of pearl button and some gold paint that I could reach!
As well as the craft re-furbishment I have had the gift of a new grandchild, Heidi Barbara Ann and she is beautiful. I finished a summer cardigan, the top of a lap quilt, visited Yorkshire to see the Tour begin and am making what feels like hundreds of wedding invitations for my youngest daughter on my lap, so I have kept myself busy - oh yes and work of course!  If you are visiting me and haven't forgotten I exist then thank you so much, I miss you all and hope to be back in full swing in the not too distant future! Big hugs to everyone. xx

4 comments:

  1. Hey there, my dear friend! I think the layering of the water over the seahorse gives it a much more realistic look. I also like your original sand dollar. Congratulations on the arrival of your new grandchild. May God bless you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Barb, you have been such a busy bee, no wonder you have not had much time to craft. Huge congratulations on the birth of Heidi (lovely name)!

    We did not make it to the Tour but glad you did. Hope you get the invitations finished soon - and your craft room of course! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fabulous take on Tim's tag. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Barbara, goodness you've had a busy time! Good luck with the craft room remodel, I did mine earlier this year and it has made a different (still a bit more to do though); congrats too on your new granddaughter, I love the name Heidi. I also love your take on Tim's tag, I sadly haven't managed one in months...the way you have made it look as though it is under the sea is both quite realistic and still magical...love it! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete